Children age five and under ride free when accompanied by a fare-paying adult. School trips excluded.
Youths (17 and under) ride at the discounted price of $1.00 year round. A 3-Month Youth Pass is also available at a highly discounted price.
River Valley Transit participates in the PennDOT Free Transit Program for Senior Citizens. Senior Citizens (age 65 years and older) can ride any River Valley Transit route free during all normal operating hours with a Pennsylvania State Identification Card.
Apply for your free Senior Citizen state identification card.
If you are 60 or older, you can obtain passes to ride free during all hours. Each trip requires a ride pass. Stop in or call the Bi-County Office of the Aging at (570) 323-3096.
- Please note that effective July 1, 2018 River Valley Transit Senior Citizens can no longer use their Medicare Cards to ride the bus
To obtain a PennDOT Senior Citizen Transit Identification Card, a senior must present one of the following proof of age documents during their application process:
- Armed Forces Discharge/Separation Papers
- Baptismal Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- PACE Identification Card
- Passport/Naturalization Papers
- State DMV issued identification card
- Photo Motor Vehicle Operator’s License
- U.S. Social Security Administration statement of age
- Resident Alien Card
This list omits the previously accepted Veterans Universal Access ID which no longer always includes a date of birth. Any of the above documents other than a PACE identification card must include a legible date of birth to be an acceptable proof of age document.
$1.00 cash fares are available for certified disabled persons that present one of the following cards when boarding the bus:
- PA Reduced Transit Fare ID Card*
- RVT Plus ID Card
Medicare Cards are no longer accepted.
- Applications for this free card are available at the Trade & Transit Centre Information Office, the RVT Administrative Office, or any state-authorized transit agency
This reduced fare is available on weekdays (except from 7:00 a.m. – 7:59 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – 5:29 p.m.). A personal care attendant rides free when accompanying a person with a disability.