The staff position is responsible for processing payroll for RVTA and contracted agencies. Also responsible for all other reporting and processes that go along with payroll. Responsible for all accounts receivable invoicing for RVTA and contracted agencies. Cross trained in all other financial duties. This position will report to the Chief Finance Officer.
Financial Assistant Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Liaison between RVTA and contracted agencies and Paycor
- Train employees on Paycor
- Process, enter, and review employee payroll and wage updates as awarded/required in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Assist employees and HR Director with on-boarding and changes in payroll information
- Assist employees with changes to direct deposit accounts
- Coordinate with Paycor regarding garnishments
- Process 3rd party and disability payments
- Process union dues
- Process pension payments
- Request transfer of funds to cover all payroll expenses
- Enter payroll expenses to general ledger
- Upload documentation into the payroll and/or accounting system
- Generate and update reports for sick days, vacations, tool allowance, pre-payroll submission reports, and other reports as needed
- Assist with Workers Comp Audit
- Assist with Pension Audit
- Counting fares for RVTA and contracted agencies
- Clear checks in FE as needed for RVTA and contracted agencies
- Process Accounts Receivable invoices for RVTA and contracted agencies
- Prepares Accounts Receivable statements for disbursement
- Assist with state and federal audits as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum requirement of a High School diploma with a major course in business/accounting. Prefer experience with payroll processing.
- Demonstrate skills in accounting, personal computer usage, typing, and the use of office machines
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with other RVTA employees, departments within RVTA, and the public
- Driver’s license is required
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of management staff
Competitive salary and benefits include:
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Sick Leave
- 401A Retirement Fund
- Works Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Generally indoor/office environment.
RVTA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, RVTA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. RVTA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Applications accepted online:
Please visit Indeed website to complete and sumbit your application.
Please no calls the RVTA administrative office.
All applicants must possess a valid drivers license and have an excellent driving record. All positions are subject to residency requirements and to all applicable Federal Regulations governing workplace anti-drug and alcohol programs in the transit industry as specified by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and 49 CFR P655 and 49 CFRP Part 40, and the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”. This shall include analytical urine drug testing and breath testing for alcohol for: reasonable suspicion, random, post-accident, return to duty, and follow-up during the course of employment.