UPDATE 8/23/22; POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. Immediate hire. Great career opportunity for a quality individual. 40 hour/week schedule with overtime possibilites. Regular scheduled days off.
Class B Diesel Mechanic – 2nd Shift 3:30-12am, Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance on Diesel and Compressed Natural Gas Buses as well as Autos and light trucks and equipment
- Minor mechanical repair work: Tire & wheel, brakes, batteries, belts & hoses
- Parts replacement on vehicle operating systems
- Servicing and fueling of buses, cars, vans and trucks
- Road testing after repairs or maintenance
- Position requires a valid PA driver’s license with CDL B classification, air brakes restriction lifted as well as passenger endorsement.
- Must have or be able to acquire various basic hand and power tools
RVTA may provide training to secure appropriate CDL license.
Competitive salary and benefits include:
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Tool Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Training
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Sick Leave and PTO
- 401A Retirement Fund
Applications accepted by:
River Valley Transit Authority1500 West Third Street, Williamsport, PA
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
No Appointment Necessary.
Please no calls the RVTA administrative office.
All applicants must possess a valid drivers license and have an excellent driving record. All positions are subject to residency requirements and to all applicable Federal Regulations governing workplace anti-drug and alcohol programs in the transit industry as specified by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and 49 CFR P655 and 49 CFRP Part 40, and the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”. This shall include analytical urine drug testing and breath testing for alcohol for: reasonable suspicion, random, post-accident, return to duty, and follow-up during the course of employment.