The staff position will perform a wide range of administrative and support activities to successfully facilitate the operation of RVTA’s Michael Ross Event Center (MREC), Williamsport Trolleys and general marketing programs. The position is also responsible for all of aspects of community and stakeholder outreach, strategic planning and assisting in the development of public-private partnerships with a goal of increasing public transportation utilization.
- Oversee Michael Ross Event Center (MREC) daily schedule including municipal meetings and private events.
- Coordinate MREC cleaning and attendant schedule and room setup; ensure events are facilitated in a satisfactory manner for local partners and private event hosts.
- Ensure MREC contracts are completed and provide necessary documentation for timely billing to the finance department.
- Manage annual MREC budgeted expenses.
- Maintain Williamsport Trolley rental schedule and ensure contracts are completed.
- Coordinate Trolley schedule with Operations Department and ensure all documentation is provided to the Finance Department for billing and payment.
- Assist Marketing Manager with facilitation of RVTA surveys, ridership promotions and public transit rider education.
- Assist Marketing Manager with developing and posting content on RVTA’s social media platforms.
- Attend community events such as Chamber Outings, job fairs, health expos to promote RVTA transportation services and MREC rentals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- The Special Services and Outreach Coordinator will be an experienced leader with a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication or other relevant field; or equivalent experience.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and various other computer programs relevant to position tasks.
- Must be familiar with the geography of RVTA’s service area and knowledgeable of RVTA’s Fixed Route bus schedules and operations.
- Must be knowledgeable with ADA Compliance and Regulations.
- Must possess solid organization skills and be able to perform multiple tasks and manage multiple responsibilities concurrently.
- Must have ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Primarily works in an office environment between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Scheduled hours will vary according to the needs of RVTA.
- Attendance to community and outreach events outside of normal working hours is required.
- Oversight of MREC events will require attendance outside of normal working hours and includes
- May be required to perform over-night travel as needed for business training or furthering the mission of RVTA.
RVTA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, RVTA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. RVTA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Applications accepted online:
Please visit Indeed website to complete and sumbit your application.
Please no calls the RVTA administrative office.
All applicants must possess a valid drivers license and have an excellent driving record. All positions are subject to residency requirements and to all applicable Federal Regulations governing workplace anti-drug and alcohol programs in the transit industry as specified by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and 49 CFR P655 and 49 CFRP Part 40, and the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”. This shall include analytical urine drug testing and breath testing for alcohol for: reasonable suspicion, random, post-accident, return to duty, and follow-up during the course of employment.