Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for oversight of all accounting and finance operations. The Accounting Manager is responsible for day-to-day accounting operations including functional responsibility over general ledger accounts, payroll, accounts payable, procurement and accounts receivable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review proposed budget and prepare recommendations for the Controller.
- Assist the Controller in preparing the annual budgets.
- Implement and monitor internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Prepare and submit reports and other required documentation to ensure timely payment of invoices by funding sources.
- Prepare journal entries and monitor the general ledger during the month for accuracy.
- Perform online banking tasks such as transfers and ACHs.
- Prepare required filings for local, state, and federal entities.
- Process all 1099 forms for contracted agencies.
- In conjunction with the Controller, establish accounting policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provide support for time sensitive duties, such as the review and entry of bi-weekly payroll function.
- Complete the review of general ledger data to ensure accurate and complete information is shared in a timely manner.
- Complete the month end closing function of the accounting system including the reconciliation of the bank accounts and compilation of monthly financial reports.
- Maintain capital asset inventory.
- Assists the Controller on issues relating to RVTA’s audit.
- Coordinates and assist the Controller in grant management, PennDOT and FTA
- compliance and preparation for reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primarily works in an office environment between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Scheduled hours will vary according to the needs of RVTA.
- Must participate in professional development activities.
- May be required to perform over-night travel as needed for business training or furthering the mission of RVTA.
Benefits include 401(k) savings, dental insurance, health insurance, life insurance, vision insurance and paid time off.
RVTA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, RVTA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. RVTA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Applications accepted online:
Please visit Indeed website to complete and sumbit your application.
Please no calls to the RVTA administrative office.
All applicants must possess a valid drivers license and have an excellent driving record. All positions are subject to residency requirements and to all applicable Federal Regulations governing workplace anti-drug and alcohol programs in the transit industry as specified by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and 49 CFR P655 and 49 CFRP Part 40, and the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”. This shall include analytical urine drug testing and breath testing for alcohol for: reasonable suspicion, random, post-accident, return to duty, and follow-up during the course of employment.